12 Jan 2009

Sapne to apne hai....

I sit in my most favourite place in the world at this point of time...My balcony...Its 11:30 pm...the night is silent..the world is still...The sky is clean...and its absolute silence that I experience. I am sure each one of us..at some point..need a special place of ours, where we can gather our thoughts..be with ourselves and just let the mind at peace.

My balcony is that one place i feel one with myself..place i can write...dream...sing...think...or just close my eyes and let the cold breeze brush my shoulder while i slip in the arms of sleep.

Thoughts that cross my mind in this place is about my dreams...no..not about dreams of what i wanna become or what i wish to achieve in life..etc..Just regular dreams that we see when we sleep. They say our subconscious mind shows us those dreams..What has occupied our mind is what we see...It is proven by science..and I believe its true...For eg. During my SSC exams, I used to see my friend's mom in the most hideous look with a book in one hand and a ruler in another screaming her lungs out at her daughter to out beat me..lol..(she used to supervise us in studies..lol) Another one i remember was someone always used to chase me down the stairs..and i used to become some kind of superwoman..jumping 8 flights of stairs at a time..haha...and eventually i used to slip and fall into an endless pit and wake up..

But most of my dreams have always had landscapes...photographs...like a slide show...of snow clad mountains...green landscapes...windy beaches...sandy deserts...hill tops with the never-seen flowers...etc and it used to be BEAUTIFUL...as i grew up...those dreams disappeared..and were taken place by dreams of a knight in shining armour..saving me from a fortress...haha...

I remember as a child i had made a list of things i wanted my marriage ceremony to be like...and the person i wanted to marry to be like. I was just 8 yrs old then. Mom says I was adorable and had mentioned things like "He should have hair (i.e he shouldn't be bald..lol)..He should be as white as snow (i.e he shud be fair..lol) and He shud have a red maruti car and a bungalow. I want to have 3 sarees in marraige...pink...white and yellow...all diamond studded..and i want to wear a crown in my marriage..(that used to be the filmy marriage in those days..*wink*)..

Dreams...mean different things to different people..at different ages...when we are young, we believe that whatever we dream can be achieved...as we grow up...apparently we become matured..and practical...and realise that somethings are just not achievable...or are they?? A food for thought..what one do you think is better??...dreaming as a child and feeling everything is possible if we try...or dreaming as an adult and giving up our dreams coz we FEEL its not possible and not even attempting...???

I leave the thought to you...Are you living your dream??? Do comment and tell me what you do and is it what you always dreamt of doing in life...If NO...then why are you doing it??

Awaiting responses...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice write-up. Wat about the spooky graveyard that is visible from ur balcony.

10V said...

well...if i consider that spooky graveyard..then i must say it inspires me
hahaha

Razzer said...

Hey pretty lady,
Thanx for your comments on my blog ya, really.
It made all the difference. I want u to read this:
Hugs, Donation and Angels in Disguise
.
Because of YOU a lotta people smiled when they were hugged.
Because of YOU someone will get educated..someone who needs it the most.All because of YOU.
YOU are an angel in disguise and I'm honoured to know you,meri dost.
Anand :-)

Deepanjan Ghosh said...

Hmm...I used to have a verandah like that you know, small, and beautiful...now it's all big, and surrounded by houses, no fun!

Razzer said...

Hidiho Dost..Wassup? I got a s'prise for u. :-)

Check this out..
http://helllottalinks.blogspot.com/

Once u reach here..check the 2nd link under the category "Your Blog/Website".

U better comment. :-)
N dont be sprised if u receive traffic.