Heylo my readers. Thank you so much for being patient with my blogs and i sincerely apologize for all the delay. Its not like i have had requests pouring for a new blog, but with current circumstances, i have the chance to get back to my very old love of writing.
I have been spending whatever little time i m getting from my schedule these days visiting YouTube and coming across various channels and videos for the pleasure of viewers. Some of my favorites being, AIB, Beingindian, iisuperwomanii, East India Comedy, etc. I have come across a lot of videos describing the variety and categorizing of various species of people we come across in our daily life, types of cousins, every bombayite in the world, types of colleagues, types of friends, teachers, and many more. Seeing them inspired me to write one on my own too so here goes. Here's another set of acquaintance we all encounter in our day to day life.. neighbors.
1. Friendly neighbours: Now this is easily the most liked type of neighbour and at the same time the most rare type...You know what i mean. The one who smiles to you every time they meet, offers to hold your shopping bags when you need help, someone who knows your family members and inquires about them everytime. Basically, all qualities of an ideal son or daughter they would have. Decent, well mannered, and co-operative. Unfortunately this type is not easily found and if found is often misunderstood as fake because no one can be THAT nice.
2. Nosey neighbours: Ever felt like someone is continuously watching your every move? if yes? You probably live next door to this type. They might seem very normal to the naked eye, but they will know exactly when you will run out of sugar and have an answer ready if u ever need to borrow. Nosey neighbours can be easily confused with the friendly sorts, but don't be fooled by their innocent looks. They can sort out your entire family history by just few questions and assumptions.
3. Khadoos neighbours: This kind is the most easily found species. The most annoying kind, this species will make your day start bad just by meeting you in the elevator or lobby. These are the kind who will make you feel like the dirt of the building and they are the king or queen. They are the ones who will never participate in society meetings, never shell out money for leprosy drive contribution, and last but not the least the ones who never bear a smile on their face. Stay away from these kinds if u want to avoid negativity.
4. Know-it-all neighbours: Have an encyclopedia at home...u can be sure this type knows more than your entire collection put together. From How to manage finances, to how to handle society staff better, how to organize functions, which aarti to sing during festivals, etc. this kind will always know how to do things better. The sad part is.. they are only talkers. You can be sure that when time will come to taking up responsibilities, this kind will back off immediately...on pretext of bank work...or homework..
5. Hot property neighbours: Now these are the kinds who every person has as neighbour, but they will never admit to have... At least once in our lifetime, we all have that one hot male or female neighbour, most hard to ignore, and easily tempting. The convenient part is.. we tend to always pretend to not notice them, for the sake of our lives that could be at stake if our spouse or parents find us giving attention to them, so we behave as if their presence has no effect on us.. Unfortunately, this kind is aware of which category he/she is, so knows what effect their one smile or acknowledgement has on people around them. Its quite possible, that awareness might convert this kind into a khadoos neighbor.
6. Opportunists neighbour: This type is not the harmful kind, unless u are at its receiving end. 'Thodi cheeni milegi?' "yaar pappu ko thodi der sambhalogi?" Mera ipod kharaab ho gaya hai..tera le jaoon?" He/she reminds you of your annoying roommate in college who used to borrow even your toothbrush without the courtesy of asking. Good thing is... this kind has a clean conscience and will never mind if someday you decide to outright refuse them of the privilege of borrowing. On the contrary, they ask so sweetly, that you are barely able to refuse.
I am sure i have probably missed out many kinds, and would love to know if you have any other types of neighbours you stay next to.. Maybe together we can have a 'Types of neighbours part 2 blog' too..
Looking forward to your views and comments. I also need to know if my comeback on blogging has impacted my writing skills..would love to work on them.See you soon
Until next time...
Until next time...