20 Apr 2009

One ARK can save you...!!!

Good Morning everyone,

Wondering about the title??...well.. Read On...

I bring one more story of my morning walk today...If you wanna read few more of my morning stories...click here.

Its 6:15 am in the morning and very few people on the street.

Suddenly I notice dogs in bunch of 3-5 rushing towards me. I am not afraid of dogs, so I keep walking..Apparently, its not my personality they were attracted to...lol...

They were rushing towards someone walking a few feet ahead of me. That person was carrying a plastic bag in his hands. I thought it was natural for dogs to run towards someone who is probably carrying food with him, but surprisingly, THEY knew exactly who the food was for...

The man without stopping for a even a single step throws some Marie biscuits in a corner and keeps walking. The dogs obviously gather around for the one of the most lavish breakfast they might have received. I keep walking, now almost following the guy walking ahead of me and keeping pace with him. I was curious about what he would do when the dogs from the next area expect the same treatment. We walk a few more feet and the same sequence occurs...Dogs run towards him...He has a packet of Marie biscuits ready for them, throws them towards them and keeps walking. By the time we parted (him taking a different turn towards what i assume was his home), he had almost distributed 3 packets of Marie biscuits to this dogs of each area.

Surprisingly, he doesn't seem to be one of those dog lovers...Then why would he do this?? I felt curious and was wondering...One of the answers I can think of is explained below...

I am not sure how many of you know about the story of Noah's ARK...
but I saw the movie Evan Almighty a few days ago. The new definition of ARK is Act of Random Kindness.
One act of Random kindness is all it takes for you to help someone, and that's what I decided to do.


I travel by bus back from my morning walk...Today my inspiration made me give my seat to a senior citizen in a crowded bus. I did not expect a Thank You for the same, but it surely made my day.

We need not necessarily expect anything in return...You don't have to give up your money...stuff...or time for people who need it...All that we need is little observation around and small acts of kindness per day.

Can you do that?? I know my friend who did that a few days ago...Click here to read it...

A smile on a face...A relief in someone's life...An ACT of RANDOM KINDNESS everyday..makes your world a better place to live..

12 comments:

Razzer said...

Heyyy...
I hv always believed in "A deed far a day." And I do it too...atleast try to.

Hey but wot a nice post. Im sure the Senior citizen must hv blessed u.
Keep at it. They say not even a single deed of kindness goes unseen and un accounted for...regardles of how big or small it is.

And yep the scene when God tells him the meaning of ARk..strickes a cord somewhere.
Loved this pst. Oh and ur template rocks. Glad u changed it.

10V said...

Thanks dude...

Also, did u notice what i told u to notice???

Razzer said...

Yep...Ur daily walks must be helping u a LOT. :-)

I hope that was it. Rite??

10V said...

Nice try...but incorrect...

I know my friend who did that a few days ago...Click here to read it...

Click on this link...u will know what i am talking about

Razzer said...

Click where?? No link, honey.

10V said...

In the second last paragraph...It says click here...Click on that link....

Sakshi said...

Hey loved your post and am wondering what act of kindness can I do around here...no one seems to need any sort of kindness in this place..just a smile and they don't even turn to take a second look..Guess the great kindness I can do is get a ticket for myslef back to India...lol

Hey Andy is haaving hell lot of fun in every blog I read...he sure is one famous guy after his ARK..

Will be back to ur blog

10V said...

well...as i said Sakshi, Dont expect anything in return. End of the day, I am sure someone will take notice.

Thanks for visiting my blog.. :)

Deepanjan Ghosh said...

Since so many of you all are gonna be doing random kindness, I shall make sure I am around, looking helpless, so you can help me, and feel good about yourself! Hehehehe!

10V said...

@ DD: well...sure...ARK ke liye kolkata thoda door nahi hai???

Rahul said...

Very well written Tanvi... very precise... Keep it up!!!

10V said...

Thank you so much Rahul. Appreciate it.