21 Apr 2009

To read this blog..Press # 1.



Don't you just hate it when 30% of your phone bills are for calls made to customer service for credit cards, phone service, trouble shooting, etc? Well this is what ticked me off today....







I have been studying for my exams since almost 3 months now, and it was about time I got a break. I called up Justdial.com and was relieved to find no automated machine (trust me, the last thing I wanted was thousands buttons to press to just find out the movie schedule. Thankfully, I was directly connected to the operator, who even knew who I was (I am a regular caller to justdial for various reasons). I was given the number to the nearest location Adlabs cinemas... 39894040...Don't bother to call them..Its much easier online.




Anyways....I spent 35 minutes to know that no new movies had released this week and all other movies were either Marathi or English movies. First:

  • press the language option...
  • then which day you wanna see movie...
  • which theatre...
  • which movie...etc etc etc.
After selecting the movie, since the show timings were not suitable for me, I tried to go one step back to the previous menu...and to my horror, after selecting the theatre..I was asked to select the day and the movie I wanted to see.

Confused??? Well...I was too. Believe me, I love watching movies, but this experience has scarred me for at least a week of not even attempting to find out about the movie schedule.

I was SO horrified with this experience, that I ended up searching for "weird automated answering machine messages" on net...Just for fun.

Amongst the many hilarious messages, I found an article..and i knew I HAD to share it with everyone.

School Phone Menu .....
"Hello! You have reached the automated answering service of your school. In order to assist you in connecting to the right staff member, please listen to all the options before making a selection:


  • To lie about why your child is absent - Press 1

  • To make excuses for why your child did not do his work - Press 2

  • To complain about what we do - Press 3

  • To swear at staff members - Press 4

  • To ask why you didn't get information that was already enclosed in your newsletter and several flyers mailed to you - Press 5

  • If you want us to raise your child - Press 6

  • If you want to reach out and touch, slap or hit someone - Press 7

  • To request another teacher, for the third time this year - Press 8

  • To complain about bus transportation - Press 9

  • To complain about school lunches - Press 0

  • If you realize this is the real world and your child must be accountable and responsible for his/her own behavior, class work, homework and that it's not all the teachers' fault for your child's lack of effort: Hang up and have a nice day!

I leave it up to you to decide if this is a funny article or a sarcastic one for parents who are totally dependable upon the educational institutions for raising their child...Think About it...WHICH OPTION WOULD YOU SELECT???


16 comments:

Razzer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Razzer said...

I cudnt get to read this post because of the very first pic. The guy looks extremely repulsive.

Hey but I enjoyed the phone menu. Is that real??? And if so, where is it actually??

And ur rite..the movie scene sucks these days.
:-)

Kaltar said...

You are writing Excellent on life.
Kaltar Delhi

If you desire than search me at google blogsearch 'Kaltar Career'

Thanks

Deepanjan Ghosh said...

I wouldn't call.

10V said...

@ anand: ofcourse the guy looks that way...imagine what automated systems can do a guy??

Its a Real automated system of a school in california...It doesnt function anymore.

@ Kaltar: Thanks kaltar. Appreciate it.

@ DD:Good for u...this is my first step of ARK...haha

Imp's Mom said...

Oh you are so right abt this! I hate calling customer service the sole reason being the automated machine... I just log online, get their email and fire away. Touchwood, Its worked.

Is that menu for real?!

10V said...

Hi impie...Thanks for checking out my blog.

Yes this menu is real. It belongs to a school in California..But the school doesnt exist anymore.

ARUNA said...

hey excellent writing......yet to go thru all still!!!! Wud come bac again!

10V said...

@ Aruna: Thanks babes..They are not as mouth watering as ur blogs...haha..But certainly appreciate it. Hope u will take out time to comment on all.

Rahul said...

Hey Tanvi, to me its a funny as well as an eye-opener to all those parents who are pretty casual & dependent on educational institutions for raising their child.

10V said...

Thank you so much Rahul. Appreciate it.

Rahul said...

Hey Tanvi, See I linked your blog to mine... You can see link to your blog on mine.

10V said...

That's so sweet. Thanks. You are also on of the blogs I follow...So Beware..!! I have my eyes on u...haha..

Rahul said...

Hey anytime Tanvi.... ;-) Thank you so much.

magiceye said...

no wonder the school closed down!
any business would with an answering menu like that!!!

nice blog you have here!

10V said...

Hey magic eye...Welcome to my blog. Thanks for your comment.

I hope you will be back soon for more blogs...