Don't you just hate it when 30% of your phone bills are for calls made to customer service for credit cards, phone service, trouble shooting, etc? Well this is what ticked me off today....
I have been studying for my exams since almost 3 months now, and it was about time I got a break. I called up Justdial.com and was relieved to find no automated machine (trust me, the last thing I wanted was thousands buttons to press to just find out the movie schedule. Thankfully, I was directly connected to the operator, who even knew who I was (I am a regular caller to justdial for various reasons). I was given the number to the nearest location Adlabs cinemas... 39894040...Don't bother to call them..Its much easier online.
Anyways....I spent 35 minutes to know that no new movies had released this week and all other movies were either Marathi or English movies. First:
- press the language option...
- then which day you wanna see movie...
- which theatre...
- which movie...etc etc etc.
Confused??? Well...I was too. Believe me, I love watching movies, but this experience has scarred me for at least a week of not even attempting to find out about the movie schedule.
I was SO horrified with this experience, that I ended up searching for "weird automated answering machine messages" on net...Just for fun.
Amongst the many hilarious messages, I found an article..and i knew I HAD to share it with everyone.
School Phone Menu .....
"Hello! You have reached the automated answering service of your school. In order to assist you in connecting to the right staff member, please listen to all the options before making a selection:
- To lie about why your child is absent - Press 1
- To make excuses for why your child did not do his work - Press 2
- To complain about what we do - Press 3
- To swear at staff members - Press 4
- To ask why you didn't get information that was already enclosed in your newsletter and several flyers mailed to you - Press 5
- If you want us to raise your child - Press 6
- If you want to reach out and touch, slap or hit someone - Press 7
- To request another teacher, for the third time this year - Press 8
- To complain about bus transportation - Press 9
- To complain about school lunches - Press 0
- If you realize this is the real world and your child must be accountable and responsible for his/her own behavior, class work, homework and that it's not all the teachers' fault for your child's lack of effort: Hang up and have a nice day!
I leave it up to you to decide if this is a funny article or a sarcastic one for parents who are totally dependable upon the educational institutions for raising their child...Think About it...WHICH OPTION WOULD YOU SELECT???