9 May 2009

Women's Dictionary - Part II

With the recent blog on Women's Dictionary, I got many messages/comments on the blog from people who were trying to research our species. If you don't know what I am talking about..Click Here. I have received emails from certain readers (whose identity has been changed for security reasons, since they are afraid that they might be in potential danger from their wives/girlfriends). Here are few of those emails and my replies to them:



Dear 10v,

My name is Kiran (name changed). Thank you so much for sharing this valuable information with me. I always used to wonder about ways to avoid conversation with my girlfriend when she is in a bad mood, since I never was able to understand what she meant when she said certain things. I have tried your tips and trust me, I am a much better boy friend than I ever was.

I want to try and de-code one more word that she uses very often, which is generally used when I am trying to explain her why I behaved the way I did. I used to feel a sense of victory earlier when I used to hear that word, but somehow your blog has got me thinking otherwise. Kindly Explain. The word is "FINE"



Dear Kiran,

Thank you for writing in. Well, I am glad my thesis is helping you. The word you are referring to is the most commonly used word which enters the scene after a heated argument or debate. The Word "FINE" might sound like a victory call, but don't be fooled. This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

Good luck with your future life. Hope my tips help.

______________________________________________________________

Dear 10v,

My wife always says thank you whenever I get gifts for our kids. Is she trying to say something else?? Should I be worried??

-- A Confused martian.

Dear Martian:

As of now, you don't have to worry at all. If a woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. However, I want to add in a clause here - This is true,unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say 'you're welcome' . Good luck.

_______________________________________________________________

Dear 10v,

Hi...Since you have done deep analysis on your topic, I would like a clarification. My wife is a perfect home-maker. She always takes care of everything from cooking, etc. Normally, I take care of the bills of the home, but someday if I forget, She takes care of it for me and makes me feel very nice saying "Don't worry, I got it"

I am so proud of her, but am I wrong in interpreting what she is saying?

--Almost -loving-Husband

Dear A-L-H,

Well, I wouldn't say you are completely wrong. But in a way, it could be a potentially dangerous statement for you. Mostly used when there is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response refer to Women Dictionary Part I, # 27. But if your wife is an exceptional Venusian, it might genuinely be a case of a very understanding soul mate.

_______________________________________________________________

Few more additions to the earlier de-codes:

Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 27 for the meaning of nothing.)

Whatever: Is a woman's way of saying F--YOU!

Again, Thank you all for writing in and Keep posting...Will be looking forward to it..!!!

8 comments:

Razzer said...

OKay....so u can help with such things?
Kool. I'll ask u if I find myself in a fix sometime. :-)
Neat.

Imp's Mom said...

hmmmm.... why cannot the husbands talk openly to their wives? or the guy to their girlfriend.... communication is the foremost thing that keeps a relationship going...

If I wanted to say F**k you to a guy or anybody for that matter, I'd say it, but hey... that's me!

10V said...

@ anand: Well..u r welcome anytime, though i doubt that u need my help with women..*wink*

@mom: I wish the world was that perfect...Life would be soooo much easier..and then we wouldnt be termed the complicated gender..

Sajal Ehsaas said...

its a weird post..still sufficiently interesting

anyway I have always been someone who was pretty much direct and expressive..I guess it has its share of pros and cons,but at the ed of the day,its better than being manipulative of the oother persons feelings

10V said...

Hey Sajal...Thanks for commenting and welcome to my blog.

I am glad u find it interesting, but would love to know Why weird?

Also, Its always good to be expressive and honest. But my point is..women are not manipulative by choice..and I would hardly call this dictionary 'Manipulation'. Women try to say things to end the debate/argument/discussion, etc.

My idea of writing this dictionary, is so that Men would understand the signs that the topic is not closed and not leave the anger bottled up somewhere for it to blow up unexpectedly.

I am sure you agree that Clarity of communication is neccesary...so why not clarify certain signs too?

Hence the blog. I am hoping you will give my other posts a chance for ur comments too.. :)

Sudhindra said...

Oh WOW!! So u turned in to agony aunt for Guys!!!

10V said...

haha, not yet..but its a good thought though..

thanks for the idea...u cud be my first patient... lol

alok said...

gud post....lot of insights for both; bachelors and husbands! (It is said, People who don't understand Women fall into two groups - bachelors and husbands!!